- 300 gr Okra
- 200 ml Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
//Optional: Dried chilli
- Prepare the okra; cut off the end as close to the fruit as possible but without breaking into the main body of it so the seeds are not exposed.
- Preheat the pan, add olive oil and dried chillies, once the pan is warm add the Okra, salt pepper and start frying. Cook together sfor 10 minutes and keep stirring occationally.
- Mix the yaghurt with minced garlic, some salt and mint.
Note: You can also grill the okra on a BBQ or in an oven after marinating with olive oil and the spices.
Health benefits: Okra is a superfood against diabetes, good nutrition and stabilize blood sugar. Researchers have just discovered that okra seeds contain a powerful natural antidepressant. High fiber helps improvehealth, high Vitamin A improves vision and skin (together with Vitamin C). It has antitoxitant helps preventing certain cancers, and strengthen bones, aids the immune system, lowers , and protects heart health.
- 2 eggplants
- 2 tablespoon Turkish (or Greek) yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- Persil, salt and walnut (optional)
- Peel the eggplants partly and cut it in half. Leave the eggplants in the salty water for an hour. Dry the eggplants and place them in the 200C pre-heated oven covered in olive oil. Bake the eggplants for 30 minutes max.
- Take out the middle of the fried eggplants if you want to use the outside for cooking “Stuffed Eggplant” with the help of a spoon. Otherwise put the eggplants in a mixer until they become creamy.
- Add tahini, yogurt and mashed garlic gloves together with the eggplant puree and mix until it gets smooth and creamy.
- If the eggplant crème is too thick add a little bit of the yogurt – about a teaspoon at a time.
- Add the mashed walnuts to the mix and little salt if needed.
Serving tips; with toasted bread or as a dip sauce.
- 10-12 large mushrooms
- Persil and garlic (optional)
- Peel the mushrooms and remove the stems. You can peel the mushrooms or wash them with a little water. Place mushrooms hollow side down, on a tray.
- Fill the mushrooms with butter and cheese. You can also add minced garlic and persil besides cheese and butter. Cook in the 200C oven for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
If you are not going to cook it immediately, put the mushrooms in water with lemon in order to avoid colour change.