February 19, 2018
- 3 cups / 300g rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup / 200g buckwheat
- 1 ½ cups / 65g coconut flakes
- 1 cup /125g hazelnuts (or walnuts)
- ¼ cup / 30g chia seeds
- ½ tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder (fair-trade if possible)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- In a large bowl combine oats, buckwheat, coconut flakes, chia seeds and coconut sugar. Roughly chop nuts and add them to the mix.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add honey or maple syrup, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry and fold coat.
- Spread mixture out in an even layer on a lined baking sheet and press firmly with the back of a spatula to ensure that the mixture is compact. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip granola in large chunks, and place back in oven to bake for another 8 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes until toasted and fragrant. The dark colour of the granola makes it hard to tell if it is cooked or not, so go by smell. Another good way to test it is by tasting a hazelnut, which takes the longest to cook – it should taste nutty and pleasantly roasted.
Original receipe taken from: http://www.mynewroots.org/site/2014/03/chunky-chocolate-buckwheat-granola/
February 13, 2018
- 1.5 cup oat
- 1/4 cup linseed
- 1 table spoon chia seed
- 2 table spoon honey
- 3 table spoons peanut butter (not sweet)
- Cacao powder
- Optional: Cocoa nibs
- Optional: Almond, cajun or coconut milk
- Optional: Protein powder – You can add some but powder is sweet add less honey
- Mix everything in a bowl then put them into a mixer. If you dont have a dry food processor, add 3 tablespoons of almond or cajun milk to the mix in a normal mixer.
- Once the mix is ready, you can add some cocoa nibs
- When rolling the balls cover them with a bit of cacao powder. This way your hands won’t get sticky.
- Make small balls and put them in the fridge for an hour or longer.